Geography for UPSC Prelims and Mains Examination
Geography could be divided into Indian and World Geography and has overlapping syllabus covering Economics (like Iron Steel industries), Agriculture (Soils, Irrigation), Environment (Types of Vegetation, National Parks), Demography with Map and Current affairs being its core area.
Sources (one must refer)
- Class IX NCERT: Contemporary India Part-I
- Class X NCERT: Contemporary India Part-II
- Class XI NCERT:Fundamentals of Physical Geography
- Class XI NCERT:Indian Physical Environment
- Class XII NCERT:Fundamentals of Human Geography
- Class XII NCERT:India, People and Economy
- Certificate Physical and Human Geography by Goh Cheng Leong.
- School Atlas by any good publisher like Oxford University press, Orient Longman.
- Keeping tab of Current affairs from national Leeds like The Hindu, major geographical events like Tsunami, earthquake etc.
- Getting your Basics Right: UPSC always attempt to test your conceptual understanding of the subject. Thus getting hold of fundamentals should be primary aim.
- Getting the Facts Right: Like every other subject geography is filled with facts, names and numbers thus it is important to keep a note of these figures.
- Lectures 24
- Quizzes 0
- Students 13
- Assessments Yes