General Studies Polity Plus (Prelims + Mains) Comprehensive Course
- Course Duration3 Months
- Target YearUPSC CSE 2020
- Course FeeRs. 11800
General Studies Polity Plus (Prelims + Mains) course comprehensively covers topics of General Studies Paper II -Polity, Governance & Social Justice, General Studies paper III - Internal Security & Disaster Management and General Studies Paper I - Post Independence India, from both Prelims and Mains examination Perspective.
After completion of the course students will have a comprehensive knowledge bank for dealing with above mentioned topics.
Course has been designed to help students cover these topics as well as evaluate their under understanding of concepts along with building of ability to deliver on paper with proper context and facts.
- The programme has been divided into 40 classes (2.5 hr/class).
- Effort will be made to cover each and every aspect of syllabus in these classes.
- Syllabus covered: GS Paper II Topics (Polity + Governance + Social Justice) + GS Paper III (Internal Security + Disaster Management) + GS Paper I (Post Independence India).
- The programme will include 2 Tests. (Mains Format)
- Duration : 3 Classes/week
- Indian Constitution- historical underpinnings, evolution, features, amendments, significant provisions and basic structure.
- Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States, issues and challenges pertaining to the federal structure, devolution of powers and finances up to local levels and challenges therein.
- Separation of powers between various organs dispute redressal mechanisms and institutions.
- Comparison of the Indian constitutional scheme with that of other countries
- Parliament and State Legislatures â€“ structure, functioning, conduct of business, powers & privileges and issues arising out of these.
- Structure, organization and functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary Ministries and Departments of the Government; pressure groups and formal/informal associations and their role in the Polity.
- Salient features of the Representation of Peopleâ€™s Act.
- Appointment to various Constitutional posts, powers, functions and responsibilities of various Constitutional Bodies.
- Statutory, regulatory and various quasi-judicial bodies
- Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
- Development processes and the development industry- the role of NGOs, SHGs, various groups and associations, donors, charities, institutional and other stakeholders
- Disaster and disaster management.
- Internal Security
- -Linkages between development and spread of extremism.
- -Role of external state and non-state actors in creating challenges to internal security
- -Challenges to internal security through communication networks, role of media and social networking sites in internal security challenges, basics of cyber security; money-laundering and its prevention
- -Security challenges and their management in border areas; linkages of organized crime with terrorism
- Various Security forces and agencies and their mandate
- Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the country.
Orient IAS helped in my ethics, essay and interview preparation, thanks to kapil Sikka sir, atul garg sir for their inputs in my preparation. Both help me in enriching my presentation in mains as well as interview preparation.
Gundala Reddy raghvendra (UPSC CSE 2018 AIR-180)
I had joined ethics & essay test Series in orient ias. Atul Garg Sir provided insights on subtleties & nuances of writing ethics paper. Sir's lucid and effective ethics discussion with real life examples helped me in improving my answers.
Kapil sir's essay enrichment program also helped me to consolidate my ideas and present them in logical and fluidic manner.
I am thankful to kapil sir and atul sir for their role in my Civil service preparation.
Krishan Kumar Poonia (UPSC CSE-2018 AIR-632)
I was consistently getting average score in ethics earlier. Then, last year &'s topper strongly recommended me lectures and test Series in Orient IAS. It helped me improve my score in GS overall as follows.
1. Ready-made content for all syllabus terms
2. Wide range of examples useful in GS4 and other GS and essay papers.
3. Ample individual attention from Atul Sir himself, unlike other coachings.
I want to extend my sincere thanks to sir for his support.
Deepesh Kedia (UPSC CSE 2018 AIR 36)